Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Introducing our guest designer.... Sally Sherfield.

I am so pleased to introduce to one of our regular contributors..... Sally Sherfield



  • Tell us about yourself.   
My name is Sally Sherfield and I live in a small village called Milford in the South of the UK. I have been a crafter all my life and have tried most things from jewellery making to sewing and crochet but my real love is card making.  I find it very relaxing after a hard day at work.  I have been married to Jeremy for 32 years and we have two grown up children Tristan (29) and Francesca (26), they both still live at home but hopefully one day they will move out and then I can have a bigger craft room!!!

  • How long have you been a cardmaker.  
 I started card making in 2007 when a friend who had been to a card making class gave me a few lessons and I was hooked!!

  • Do you follow sketches or just dive in.  
 I am not really a sketch follower, I actually find it quite hard to stick to the sketch!! I prefer to dive in and play with a design or some images till they feel right.

  • How many projects do you make a week. 
 I usually try to make 2 or 3 projects a week, it really depends on how much spare time I have and also if its great weather I like to be outside in the garden.

  • What is you favourite tool. 
My favourite go to tool is always my Big Shot,   I love all the new die cuts that are available now, the market is bigger than ever and its so hard not to spend lots of money on them!!

  • What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on a project.  
At the moment I am really in to the CAS style of creating, at first I found it really hard as I just wanted to keep adding bits to my design. After a lot of practice I am finding it easier and love the look of white space on my cards.

Stunning use of the white space here Sally 
  • How would you describe your style.  
 I am a real girly girl and love things pretty and feminine, Flowers and butterflies are always top of my list. I am not really keen to put images of people on my designs ( for one I find them hard to colour)!






  • What about your style would you change (or not) and why.  
 I really wish I was better at colouring, especially with Copics.  I would really love to colour my stamped images with better shading.  I also love the collage style but always find it hard to achieve.

  • Have you been published or on a design team.  
I have been lucky enough to be published a few times, my blog was featured in Craft Stamper Magazine in March 2012, I had a card published in Papercrafts in Nov 2012 and I was also featured in the DoCrafts magazine in 2010. I was also on the Design Team for Tiffany Doodles in 2011 and although its not a design team I was thrilled to be asked to be a Hero Arts Hostess in spring of 2011.

  • Describe your crafting area. 
 I craft in little room be call the office!!! Its a bit of a grand word for a tiny little room that fits a desk and our home computer.  Its a shared space but I fear my craft supplies are taking over lol.  I would really love a bigger space but will need to wait till one of my kids move out!


 Looks like a nice place to craft

  • Do you have a blog.   
 Yes I do have a blog its called Designed by Sally and you can find it here.
I also have a flickr photo stream here 
 
Thank you Sally for letting us get to know you.

And pop back on the 14th to see some more of Sally's beautiful designs.

Dawn and the Divas






8 comments:

joy said...

So nice to learn more about Sally, a gal I "met" through the Hero Arts Flickr group.

Lovely cards and a nice craft space, too. Thanks for this fun post.

joy said...

Loved the "interview" with you, Sally! And, the cards you made were so pretty! Congrats on being a guest designer.

Katia said...

your creations are really amazing!!!

Lin said...

So fun to see Sally in the spotlight today! Love that daisy card especially!

Dotty Jo said...

A lovely chat with Sally! Great to see where she creates all her gorgeous cards - you're one tidy gal Sally! Jo x

judkajudi said...

Gorgeous card, Sally. I love the white space, too. Loved seeing your craft area ....

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful cards Sally! And it's so nice to read about you!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on the feature, Sally! Just love your cards and it was fun to see your crafty space!!