Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Party to "Die" For



Who says dies are just for cards or scrap pages? when I got my first few dies that was the only way I knew how to use them, but I have since learned their versatility.

My church is having a Women's breakfast in May for Mothers day and I was asked to help with some of the decoration's much to my delight (I do love a good paper challenge)
I was assigned the job of making place cards and a program cover, our theme: "Daughters of the King"
So I began racking my brain with idea's, originally the place cards I had were pieces of white cardstock with a stamped crown colored in with copics and not only did it take lots of work but it just looked cheap, and wasn't going to go with the royal purple color scheme, so I browsed through my silhouette inventory and came across this crown image.

There was no doubt in my mind as to how I could make in work, so I cut out 3 or 4 sheets of the crowns in a deep "royal purple cardstock and stamped the fancy swirls background in gold over several at a time  on another sheet of plain white I die cut 2 pages of fancy labels and gilded the edges with the same gold ink. To make it stand up, using the purple scraps I cut little rectangles of 1 1/2 x 2 inches scoring them at 1 inch and folded them to make a stand and adhered it to the back of the crowns.


This program cover was my favorite as well as the easiest, I started with the purple cardstock cutting it a 1/4 inch smaller then a normal A2 card size (unfolded) stamping that same swirl background in gold as I used for the place cards
 
I printed out the girl, a Bugaboo digi stamp I believe called pretty dress, and colored her with copics and carefully cut her out and die cut a fancy label stamping the verse: I will be a father unto you and you shall be...My Daughter 2nd Corinthians 6:20.  Again gilding the edges with the gold ink.
After I finished I turned it in to my friend Katie who put the booklet together, I only wish I could show you our finished project. She covered it with a piece of vellum and a pretty gold bow.
 
 
Lastly I made this to decorate the tables, their original use was to be muffin wraps but we decided that was to many to make. Unfortunately I was having a difficult time taking a picture so this was the best I could get.



Supply list:
Royal Purple Cardstock
White Cardstock
Gold Vellum
Gold ink
Copic Markers
Silhouette images: Crown, Muffin wrap crown, Fancy labels.
Stamps:
Our Daily Bread Daughter of the King
Hero Arts Flourish background
Bugaboo digi's Pretty dress


I hope you get a chance to use your dies making fun paper crafts and decorations, it is so much fun.

Thanks for Stopping by
Hannah
 

1 comment:

Arlene said...

What fantastic ideas. You did so much. Thank you for sharing!